Sunday, March 22, 2009

38. development from previous design for last brief.

new design developed from 2 prints designed in project 1
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
this week i made developments from the two prints above that I had designed in project 1. and made photocopies of them to combine and play around with arrangement as most of my designs were described as "simple" from the feedback I received although I'm quite sure it was used in a factual, not particularly in agreement or disagreement. So with this, I hope it would get a little more exciting and it's also because I've run out of ideas about what I could do for development considering most of the designs in Proj 1&2 are not in anyway emblem-like although the colours ae quite right and related with the new moodboard from proj 3. I took some pictures of the elements that I had cut and arranged them in different ways.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Overlapping the shapes to get a new emblem whereas in the old design, the one with the circles were spread out
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
arrangment in a vertical way but with different sizes of screws on them so it gives balance and adds interest.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
triangular arrangement - the large circle in the center made me think of some kind of cult symbol so I'm not going to use it :S
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I decided this last arrangement was quite interesting with the paper grips turning up and outwards with loads of circles below, then decided that the elements need to be redrawn for they were really small when I had made it for the first project and I wanted this to be massive, and also to give unity to it.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
at first I drew the screws in a similar way to those in proj 1 but they looked very spidery and ugly when big so i tried using a thicker pen and scribbled it on the insides but then decided that plain ones would be more effective because the idea of designing the print inspired by lace ZAP!ped into my head which I had kind of thrown out of the window for proj 2. I continued drawing the paper grips , changing its length and also the way those paper grips tend to bend in an awkward way on the back.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

the different intensity of knit in lace was the inspiration for the fillers
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us





fillers:
i drew four possible fillers for the shapes in different intensity of lines and direction.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
then i put it all together using photoshop , rearranging the different filler for the shapes and decided to have the multiple circles just above the derriere and the long spreading paper grips extending towards the shoulders. its fun and cool and different from all my other designs. to scale on a3. I love it alot and this will be digitally printed for a dress or long singlet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


No comments:

Post a Comment