Monday, March 16, 2009

43. quick note

looking back in my memory bank of textiles work i have done since i started working on textiles in level 1, i feel like its evolved a lot from the dreamy seashore rocky waters as an inspiration point to the horses i did last semester and now minimal colours in my edward scissorhands designs. i like the thought that my design inspirations have varied quite a bit and they have been highly personal although i tend to get lost and uncertain of what i am doing midway the projects. i strayed away from black at some point in my life and was into vintage so much now is gone from ditsy flowers to geometric lines which is quite a refreshing change for me. there are so many things around me that inspire me and change my tastes i cant even point at one thing. one thing which i felt was lacking this semester was that the amount of feedback i got from people around me has lessen and i know complaining about it isnt going to help maybe cuz they like playing nice guys. on the bright side my classmate told me last night that he thinks my work has improved this semester and "seems more my style" and sees potential in what i do. he also mentioned how i havent been constrained by the few colours i have been working on this semester, though admittedly i wasn't very sure of what i was doing in project one cuz it was the first time i went all black and white and grey it was quite daunting but then picked up from there with all that embroidery and stuff. i love whatever i've made this time and am glad its so much more work done and improved from the few horses i had last assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment