Sunday, April 26, 2009

5.Drawings

I started drawing feel very excited about this project and then got a bit worried about my wiggly line drawings of hardware which is so structured and hard. I drew screws, hose holders, hinges and other bits and bobs which I bought from the hardware shop. I tried not to combine the different things together because I was interested in the kind of uniformity that each final print will have just like the designer research I had done where the hard ware basically was repetitive and varied in little bits of detail within each stud.
I used a variation of sign pens, markers, calligraphy, charcoal, drawing pens and pencils in each of these initial sketches

i drew these screws in varying sizes and adding the thin lines going around to add depth to the drawing i think it looks quite cute..


i drew the hinges in a sketchy way which i now think is really ugly and im not so sure how al of my drawings are going to differ from one another using black n white all the time..

i tried drawing this using pens of different thickness and find that the variation of the calligraphy pen gives off a more interesting look

I drew this metal thing which i thought was quite interesting to have it kind of repeat horizontally but then have that bit of difference in just once of several rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment