Sunday, April 5, 2009

27. making sense.

i wouldn't say what I did for projects 1 and 2 were outstanding or fully explained my concepts. i did have some ideas going on in my head but having to realize it on several pieces of work was really difficult and i think it was a problem with lack of enough drawings and reflection. im working on project 3 now, experimenting with embroidery stitches and certainly i think its going to be really tough considering i included "metals" as a keyword on my moodboard which i meant to be real hardware incorporated on to fabric as decoration but had no luck in finding and really cool ones besides washers.. since most hardware are too big or sharpedged therefore too dangerous and heavy therefore irrelevant and not in option to be incorporated.
working on embroidery techniques and other methods learnt in surface decoration class has been very taxing when trying to adapt those methods on to my project. my stitches are quite messy so i been trying to keep them small but it takes up so much time and the combinations of fabric, yarns and stitches is a tricky one. my needle wouldn't pull thru sometimes, otherwise i have to yank at it which doesnt feel right and can damage the piece of work. i feel really down right now, i havent made sense of every bit of the designs yet, but i've figured out how some stitches are good for my designs. really stressed out now albeit the reduction of work required. hopefully all turns out well and people like it. its been while since i received any compliment on my work. would be nice to get some criticisms also.

No comments:

Post a Comment