Saturday, April 4, 2009

28. more drawings

it didnt feel right just copying someone else's old design and fill it up with my own shapes so i redrew some of the metal hardwares and tried to figure out how i can make my own emblems.


these relate back to E.S. as it was his outfit (not the scissorhands) i was into. im still working on using these hardware meant to fasten and keep things in tact. having used these things as a guide to develop my designs for these projects it's going to have the same effect on contemporary fashion clothing as it does on E.S.'s costume.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
the screws were drawn so that it can form a new shapes which is more organic and I also tried to introduce more lines in it as most of my designs are rather simple.Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
it then evolved into this drawing which I loved and it's meant to be symmetrical and the middle portion is kind of like a mirror and I imagine it like a metal plate with all of the lines running about to give depth.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I thought this piece to be like a necklace, and wanted to have some kind of repetition of the same shape within another.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I drew the screws with lots of stright/almost straight lines, so it looks rigid and piercing. also tried rotating it so it points in all different direction looks like a compass.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
I made variations of shapes on this page so there is a variety of shapes that i could use and length of the element

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I tried drawing an amulet like a paper box but the shape didn't feel right as it was cross like and very origami.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
I drew a hatch and made variations of scale and placed it beside each other as well as introduce more line work.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I drew hinges in different ways, adding textures and possible combinations of multiple ones together.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I drew this at first in a softer continuous way and then made it more rigid and more toy like.

No comments:

Post a Comment