Tuesday, April 7, 2009

25. finding a title

finding the right words as a title before starting to work on the project can lead to lots of possible ways I might want to take my work towards.
I wanted this 3rd project to be related to the kind of intimidating feel Edward Scissorhands' outfit evokes and use that on woman's clothing as a kind of protection against evil characters. I felt that the pieces of surface decoration samples i made for project two were of small scale so I'm going to make them bigger and quite like jewellery since reading that Egyptian book about jewellery and it also links to the kind of mood I expressed in proj 2 with the kind of casual clothing mixed with bits of designed textiles which were mostly tone on tone and I guess that was appropriate to Erin since she was more into plain clothing, so that was in small scale in her basics. I think this project is going to be more three dimensional since I want it to be like some sort of amour, and I found this word from the dictionary, aegis, which seems rather appropriate for the mood of this particular protection, that its slightly mystical given its meaning and Greek etymology, and distaff is the female side of a family, which i think is rather appropriate because we need to protect ourselves from the men!


from dictionary.com:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment