Monday, April 20, 2009

11. Repeated Pattern Created


This design started with the yellow plastic thing with bullets in it. I inverted the colours here and rearranged the tiles so the repeat four time beside one and another in a hrizontal manner and two times vertically.



This design and the next two below are from the same drawing I did meant to be stripey because Edward had those leather strips running across his body like a useless cage. I wanted this to be a different kind of stripe which is more flatterin than rigid straight lines we usually find in textile print which can both be flattering one some people and really bad on othrs if thestripes are not in proportion to the body type.


I did two pieces of work using actual hardware with cloth and paper because I wanted a different way to express the creepiness of Edward that I felt when I was younger and still feel a little scared of him at this point. The image above was created using a piece of fabric I had which has quite a loose weave which I slashed repeatedly like Edward did at one point when he was really mad and I layered that with some fasteners behind which isn't obvious but creates all of that shadows that can be seen from the front of the fabric.

This was created using paper fasteners but using the back of the piece of work which I thought was not that exciting but I turned it over and the slit legs of the pasterns created a very compact bit which has the design element of proximity and feels like a lot of sharp blades.



With this piece of work about screws I drew them in quite a random way and then repeated it in all different directions.



I had coloured most of my work in black and white with bits of grey then I took it to photoshop and started to arrange them in a repeated way and tried to arrange them so that the pattern does not seem like there is a mistake and that theres no beginning or end to it.

1 comment: